The pension fund of industrial cleaning sector Orsima has ultimately opted for a merger with Vervoer, the €19.6bn pension fund for private road transport, rather than BPF Schoonmaak, the industry-wide scheme for the cleaning sector.The €70m scheme, said that it could not reach a final agreement with Schoonmaak, despite the advanced stage of the negotiations about a merger last October.According to the board of the Orsima scheme, it had subsequently decided to proceed with Vervoer, as the transport scheme had also been selected as a potential new provider.The other candidates were BpfBOUW, the industry-wide pension funds for the building industry, and the graphics industry fund PGB as well as insurer Aegon, the pension fund previously said. Meanwhile, supervisor De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) has approved a collective value transfer of the assets of the Orsima scheme to Vervoer as of 1 January 2015, the scheme added. Under the new arrangement, the annual pensions accrual of the participants of the Orsima scheme would rise by 2 basis points to 1.77%, whereas the franchise – the part of the salary which is exempt from pensions accrual – would increase by €145 to €11,395.In addition, the pension paid to dependants would change from risk-based to accrual-based, and future inflation compensation would be guided by the salary index rather than the consumer index.The Orsima added that the pension contribution would remain unchanged, at a total of 23% of the pensionable salary, of which 10.85% to be paid by the workers.As of last November, Pensioenfonds Orsima had a funding ratio of 111.8%, while the coverage of Pensioenfonds Vervoer was 112.7%.The Orsima scheme has approximately 1,100 active participants, 1,400 deferred members and 350 pensioners, affiliated with 38 employers. Its board has said that it wanted to merge, as it deemed itself vulnerable because of its modest scale as well as its relatively high costs.It reported administration costs of €937 per participant over 2013, which is more than three times the average for Dutch pension funds.
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Demetrius Andrade had enough.“Boo Boo” clapped his hands in frustration, placed his palms flat on the table, got up and yelled to make sure his message was received. Join DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a yearYou figure that if “Boo Boo” keeps winning, he’ll eventually land that shot at a Canelo or GGG — perhaps even with a better chance than Charlo, considering the frigid relationship between PBC and Matchroom.But the question for Andrade is when? “Just do your job, do your job! Tell everybody, ‘Canelo, GGG, that’s it!’” he said early Sunday morning, putting the onus on the media to help force a fight between himself and either middleweight superstar. “There’s nothing more I could say. Go back home and say, ‘Demetrius Andrade needs to fight Canelo. Demetrius Andrade needs to fight GGG.’”If it were only that easy.Join DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a yearWith that said, Andrade ended his post-fight press conference abruptly and to exited Dunkin Donuts Center.Just a short while prior to that moment, Andrade had delivered a dazzling first-round knockdown and thoroughly dominated Maciej Sulecki, winning every round of the fight for a lopsided unanimous decision (120-107 on all three judges’ scorecards) to retain his WBO middleweight title. Fired up after the win, Andrade (28-0, 17 KOs) called out IBF/WBA middleweight champ and the face of boxing, Saul “Canelo” Alvarez right there in the ring.“Sulecki is no pushover. He ain’t no Steve Rolls, ain’t no Rocky Fielding,” Andrade said during his post-fight interview, referring to recent sub-par opponents of Gennadiy Golovkin and Alvarez, respectively, to his hometown of Providence’s delight. “So, Canelo, where your cojones at? Let’s get it.””@Canelo, where your cojones at? Let’s get it.” – @BooBooAndrade 👀🗣#AndradeSulecki pic.twitter.com/gSwNsC8TOm— DAZN USA (@DAZN_USA) June 30, 2019Sure, it sounded great in the moment, but as Andrade sat in the bowels of the Dunk, fielding question after question, his jubilation waned and a degree of harsh reality set in.Andrade can call out Canelo or GGG for a fight all he wants. Although either fight seems unavoidable, — as Sporting News even wrote about earlier in the week — unavoidable can be laden with delays. That seems to be the case here.That doesn’t mean Andrade’s camp isn’t going to try, with Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn already playing out a certain scenario and path that could land Golovkin.“It’s going to be hard to avoid [Andrade] and we need the support of the media, fans and DAZN,” Matchroom Boxing promoter Eddie Hearn said, sitting to the champ’s right during the post-fight press conference. “He’s going to put pressure on me, I’m going to put pressure on DAZN to say ‘We’re the home of the middleweights, but we know you want GGG against Canelo. But if Canelo fights [Sergey] Kovalev, why don’t we fight GGG and then the winners come fight the winners.”Following Golovkin’s destruction of Rolls on June 8, Oscar De La Hoya tweeted to GGG:Nice 👍🏼 comeback win. Now fight a real fighter, win a belt, and I’ll consider doing the 3rd fight. #Caneloisyourboss— Oscar De La Hoya (@OscarDeLaHoya) June 9, 2019At the time, Canelo owned three out of the four middleweight world titles, with only Andrade owning the missing piece, the WBO strap. (Since then, the WBC upgraded Jermall Charlo to its official champion, relegating Alvarez to its “franchise” champion.)“By Oscar saying that, it’s like, ‘We’re not fighting him, you go fight him,’” Hearn told Sporting News following the post-fight press conference. “But it does make sense. If Canelo is going to fight Kovalev and Demetrius fights GGG and the winner fight the winner.”But Hearn doesn’t sound confident that will happen.“To be honest, if I was promoting Canelo or GGG,” he said, “I probably wouldn’t take the fight (with Andrade).”Now, the latter could be chalked up to promoter posturing and psychology, but earlier in the same post-fight press conference, Hearn explained why he feels that’s the case, painting the situation as a lose-lose scenario for Canelo.“You can’t hand-on-heart sit there and say Canelo beats Demetrius Andrade,” Hearn said. “I don’t believe anybody in boxing would say, ‘Yeah, he beats him, 100 percent.’ When you’ve got a fighter like Canelo, do you want to put him in a fight like that, where you’re unsure if he’s going to win? I think they’d be more confident going into a GGG fight than going into a Demetrius Andrade fight.”Canelo did successfully walk down Golovkin in their rematch last September and although some critics still feel like GGG won, the face of boxing had his hand raised. He’s also 28 to Golovkin’s 37.The 30-year-old Andrade represents a different equation. While many would argue that he doesn’t have the power to match up with Canelo, he is highly-skilled and would bring a height and reach advantage into the ring as a southpaw. That could stifle the Mexican superstar and possibly even make him fight a style of fight that he doesn’t want to in their unification bout.But if Canelo does indeed go with Kovalev for his September fight, Golovkin could very well choose another opponent — one that’s safer than Andrade — in attempt to preserve the trilogy fight with the face of boxing. That would further delay and spurn Andrade’s quest to get a crack at either fighter.Such a scenario had reporters even asking Andrade about the prospects of moving up in weight to super middleweight and taking on his good friend Daniel Jacobs or Callum Smith in London.“There’s Billy Joe Saunders if I decided to go up to 168 [pounds],” Andrade told reporters.The two were originally supposed to fight last October, before Saunders failed a drug test and was forced to vacate his WBO middleweight title, which Andrade claimed by defeated South African Walter Kautondokwa.“He deserves a beating from me.”That’s when Andrade’s father and trainer, Paul Andrade, interjected.“We don’t have to keep increasing weight,” Paul Andrade said, while Demetrius looked down at the table to his right. “We have a weight where he is the greatest at and that’s the weight we’re going to stay at.”Hearing his dad saying that and perhaps realizing that touching Canelo and GGG is still going to be a lengthy waiting game led to Andrade’s eruption, imploring the media to do its job and walking out of the post-fight press conference.But earlier in the session, Andrade did mention that all he could control is what he could control.“My job is to keep winning, getting in the ring with the likes of, of course Canelo, GGG,” Andrade said.“I’d like to put my skills and talent against these guys,” he continued. “What I can only do is keep crossing out names.”“Sulecki,” he adds, making a cancellation sound effect, using his index finger and thumb as if he’s holding a pen. “Artur [Akavov], Walter. It’s like how many?!”