Health officials in Margibi County have expressed disbelieved and frustration over the alarming rate of the death toll among health workers in the county due to the deadly Ebola virus disease.Speaking to the Daily Observer Monday, August 11, in Kakata, the Community Health Director of Margibi County, Mr. Joseph J. Korhene, said 26 persons have been so far diagnosed with the disease. Out of the 26, he said 17 have died with 14 of the dead being health workers.The Margibi County Community Health director explained that among the 14 health workers, 12 of them were working with the Charles H. Rennie Hospital, the only public referral health facility in the county.He said two other health workers in the county died with three non-health workers, making the total Ebola death recorded rate to 17.According to him, out of the 26, who had been diagnosed positive with the virus, at least 22 are health workers.Mr. Korhene noted, because of the hard increase in the death toll of health workers, others are now afraid to return to work, as the result almost all of the health centers in the county are closed including the only refer hospital — C.H. Rennie Hospital.He described the death related to the virus in Kakata, the main city in the county, as alarming and that they as local heath workers are arranging workable programs to help protect health workers in the discharge of their duties.According to him, the Margibi County Health Team has begun training health workers across the county in various disciplines as the means of strengthening the workforce in the county.The Margibi County Community Health boss also advanced that plans are on the way for the constructing of what he termed as holding centers for suspected Ebola patients in the county.Mr. Korhene noted that the high death rate among health workers in the county was due to the lack of their capacity to earlier detect Ebola related cases. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
The $2.05 billion Grand Avenue project cleared yet another hurdle Tuesday as a City Council panel signed off on diverting $66 million in local tax money for the project. With just one objection from the business community and assurances the money will not come from existing programs, the City Council’s Housing, Community and Economic Development Committee urged the full council to approve the project. “The funds the city hopes to invest and reinvest are generated by the project itself,” said Councilwoman Jan Perry, who has spearheaded the project for the city. “We are not taking money away from other projects. This is tax revenue that will be generated on the side and going back into the project.” Under the plan, the city would agree to allow the developer, The Related Cos., to retain the hotel bed tax for 20 years and the parking tax for 10 years. Chief Legislative Analyst Gerry Miller said two independent studies justify the investment, which he said will serve as a catalyst to build the project and is similar to investments made in Staples Center and the proposed l.a. live project hotel. But an attorney for the Bonaventure Hotel said there is concern that diverting the bed tax gives an unfair advantage to the new site over existing facilities. Attorney Chris Sutton said the Bonaventure is prepared to take legal action – including the possibility of qualifying a referendum on the issue – to challenge the use of the bed tax for the project. “We don’t believe there is a need for these subsidies for a luxury hotel,” Sutton said. The Bonaventure had also objected to waiving the bed tax for the l.a. live project and the Convention Center hotel. It later dropped its complaints after an agreement was negotiated to allow it to convert some of its rooms into condominiums. Perry said she had not met with Bonaventure officials and had no plans to. “They will do what they do and we will react to it,” she said. The final agreement is scheduled to be considered Feb. 13 by the full council and the county Board of Supervisors. In addition to the hotel and parking tax revenue, the plans call for the Community Redevelopment Agency to contribute $24 million and the county to contribute $4.6 million. The hallmark of the project will be construction of a 16-acre park to connect City Hall to the county Hall of Administration. But the key features will be a 50-story high-rise designed to have luxury condos and affordable housing along with commercial and retail development. Plans call for construction to begin later this year and to be completed in three phases by 2018. firstname.lastname@example.org (213) 978-0390160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre The point is clear: The council wants to know when it can start stealing the trash-fee-hike revenue promised for police hiring. When the council signed on last year to the mayor’s plan to boost the dangerously thin force of the Los Angeles Police Department by hiking the trash fee, they promised to use the money only for new cops. But the flexibility of that promise became clear last week when Bernard Parks, chairman of the council’s budget and finance group, suggested that those funds be used to plug operating shortfalls, not to hire new cops. Parks insists he wasn’t betraying the public because he always left open the possibility of using the money for other purposes. Vowing that Parks & Co. would have to divert the money over his “dead body,” Villaraigosa was unequivocal: “Expanding the Police Department is a promise we made to the city and one I want to make.” Council gives up – for now – in fight against mayor’s effort to hire more cops IN his latest battle with the Los Angeles City Council over LAPD hiring, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa came out a winner. But he and the public will have to be vigilant to win the war, because the council once again had its fingers crossed when it surrendered. The council on Friday agreed to let the Los Angeles Police Department continue hiring, but added a huge caveat – that it must be notified when hiring exceeds 226 new officers beyond the existing force. Hiring cops didn’t cause the financial hole facing the city. Bad decisions did. And it’s up to the mayor to make sure that that promise, sincere or not, is kept.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
With Friday being the deadline for entries into this year’s ‘Donegal Business of the Year’ awards, businesses across Donegal who employ less than fifty people are being urged to put their best foot forward and enter the competition.Entry forms are available from Donegal Local Enterprise Office website www.localenterprise.ie/donegalThere are a number of categories to choose from and this year’s awards are open to all businesses in Donegal who employ less than 50 full-time employees. The categories are: Excellence in design, Business in operation less than 18 months (Start-Up); Business in operation more than 18 months (Business Expansion) and Export business while there will also be an Overall Donegal Business of the Year.There are consultancy prizes of up to €1,500 for category winners and €2,500 for the overall winner to assist the owner in developing the business, but perhaps more importantly is the opportunity to benefit from the positive publicity and the prestige that comes with being Donegal’s Business of the year.Full details and entry forms are available to download from the Donegal Enterprise website www.localenterprise.ie/donegal . Completed entries must be returned by this Friday February 27th to be considered for this year’s competition.The winners in each category, and the overall winner will be presented with their awards at a special lunchtime ceremony at the end of Enterprising Donegal Business Week on March 27th. TWO DAYS LEFT FOR ENTRIES FOR DONEGAL BUSINESS OF THE YEAR was last modified: February 25th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:business awardsdonegalentries
The RSC Group are currently seeking an experienced lorry driver for laying road markings in the Donegal area.The driver will be based out of Castlederg.Job Description * Experience driving HGV lorries* Includes some manual labour* Must be flexible as jobs vary from day to day* Overtime hours may be required * Work mostly based in DonegalThe ideal candidate would enjoy working with machinery and have pride in their work. Salary discussed at application stage.If interested, please send your cv to email@example.com or call 02879645900.Job Vacancy: Lorry driver sought for road markings in Donegal area was last modified: November 21st, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
THE Errigal Cycling Club’s youth programme starts again this Monday evening at Glenveagh National Park.Starting at 6.30pm it gives children a chance to learn basic cycling skills and add to those they already have in a safe environment.Everyone is welcome to the Sprocket Rocket club! The club’s James Harkin said they will also launch a major international youth cycling event which takes place for the first time in Co Donegal this August.“The upcoming errigal international youth tour, which will attract up to 200 youth riders between the ages of 10 and 16 takes place this August bank holiday weekend,” said James.Cyclists will compete in and around Gartan on August 4, 5, and 6 at under 12, under 14 and under 16 level.The youth tour will be a major boost for tourism in the county, attracting riders from all over Ireland and Britain. For more information go to www.errigalcyclingclub.com CYCLING CLUB STARTS AGAIN AT GLENVEAGH – MAJOR TOURNAMENT FOR DONEGAL was last modified: May 13th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:CYCLING CLUB STARTS AGAIN AT GLENVEAGH – MAJOR TOURNAMENT FOR DONEGAL
ALL PICTURES COURTESY OF TONY NEE.HUGE CROWDS AT FINN VALLEY AGRICULTURAL SHOW – PIC SPECIAL was last modified: June 30th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:FINN VALLEY AGRICULTURAL SHOWpictures
As one of baseball’s more big-hearted players, it’s not surprising Nationals reliever Sean Doolittle came up with a thoughtful way to pay tribute to his grandmother this season.Two weeks after helping the Nationals win their first World Series title, Doolittle finally revealed the reason why he changed his jersey number from 62 to 63.It was a subtle but meaningful way to show appreciation for his grandmother, Jan “MeMe” Urban, who passed away at age 84 during spring training. Noting that his …
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Today, Ag Leader announced new fall features added to its full-farm connectivity platform, AgFiniti, bringing an even higher level of in-season visibility to growers and trusted advisors.“For the past several years, we’ve been building upon our AgFiniti platform with the goal to make the right information available to our customers anytime and anywhere. This means flowing information throughout the operation and across machines, devices and seasons. These announcements mark the next step in that vision,” said Corey Weddle, Director of Software Solutions.Live stats across displays and devices Last year, AgFiniti pushed display-to-display communication to an unprecedented level of ease and availability with the DisplayCast feature for InCommand displays. This fall, customers can share even more information in real-time across displays and other connected devices like tablets and cellphones. Live stats including yield, moisture, rate, population, speed, location, container level and more, can easily be shared across displays and devices.“Connecting every device across the operation enhances the overall productivity of the operation and allows each operator and manager to be in sync and make more timely decisions,” said Joe Holoubek, Product Manager. “The harvest operator can now solely focus on his primary task instead of having to constantly be on the radio directing the other machines. Whether viewing on a display, tablet or phone, everyone knows what’s going on and that’s a big deal for both productivity and better decisions.”The new live stats feature were available starting Aug. 30 with the latest software release for InCommand displays using DisplayCast and AgFiniti connected devices.Prescriptions in AgFiniti AgFiniti also added a prescription tool for nitrogen (N), phosphorus (P), and potassium (K) fall fertility applications. Per-acre prescriptions within AgFiniti are based on fertility recommendations from trusted universities. The initial release includes fertility recommendations from Iowa State University, Purdue University, University of Illinois, The Ohio State University, and Michigan State University.Now customers can easily generate fertilizer prescriptions within AgFiniti using grain harvest data, bushels removed and soil sample data from any web-enabled device.“Prescriptions in AgFiniti bring cloud-based convenience to our customers, whether or not they are an SMS Software user,” Weddle said. “It’s not necessary to know how to write an equation or understand all the chemistry behind the field’s fertility, AgFiniti’s prescription tool does the work based on your local university research.”The new prescription feature can be now be purchased on a per-acre basis, and allows for additional prescriptions to be generated for 1 year. More prescription options are planned for 2019, including planting and seeding recommendations.
Role of Mobile App Analytics In-App Engagement sarah perez What it Takes to Build a Highly Secure FinTech … Tags:#apps#How To#mobile Related Posts The Rise and Rise of Mobile Payment Technology Michael Yuan of the medical-focused mobile company Ringful Health has submitted over 30 applications to multiple mobile application stores. It’s what made him qualified to give a speech at this week’s SXSW conference in Austin, Texas on the topic. His panel, “Tips on Getting Your Approved on App Stores,” wasn’t so much of a step-by-step guide for navigating the submission process, but more like a collection of things developers would want to know about the major application marketplaces. It probably wasn’t the best title, considering the content presented, but the information itself was helpful to developers looking to learn a few more details about the different app stores out there.Due to time constraints, Yuan’s talk only focused on three mobile app store ecosystems: iTunes, Android (both the official Market and third-party efforts) and BlackBerry App World.Yuan began by explaining why it’s important for mobile app developers to submit apps to an app store in the first place. App stores provide a wide reach, he explained, and offer easy one-click purchasing for customers, which can potentially lead to recurring billing scenarios. He then went through several of the top mobile app stores and the tips he picked up along the way:BlackBerryYuan wasn’t too pleased with his previous BlackBerry App World experiences because the registration fee only covers 10 submissions. Afterwards, you pay per update once that limit is exceeded. This seems to discourage updating apps, Yuan noted. Your best bet is not to count on releasing several incremental updates in this store.One nice feature for developers submitting apps to BlackBerry AppWorld is that you can select the devices on which your apps will run. While obviously this is due to fragmentation issues in the BlackBerry ecosystem, at least they don’t pretend that fragmentation doesn’t exist, Yuan said.The wait time in BlackBerry’s app store is long – several weeks at least.Developers should be prepared to give written statements whenever the slightest problem about third-party trademark issues arise.iTunesThe wait time for getting your app approved at iTunes is 1-4 weeks, and the initial submission process goes much slower than future updates.Generally, app updates are approved in just a few days.However, if you submit too many updates in a short period of time, the approval process will slow down. Yuan did not specify what counts as “too many updates,” however.Despite media reports hyping Apple censorship issues, getting a rejection from Apple is good news, said Yuan. Not hearing back is much worse. Apple’s rejection letter will at least explain what things need to be fixed within your application.Be sure to read the interface guidelines from Apple, as it is very strict about these sorts of issues. For example, Apple will reject your app if your list item does not remove its highlight after the finger lifts off, said Yuan.Apple will reject your app if there are obvious bugs.Never use unpublished API methods.Rate your app 12+ if you use UIWebView to load Internet pages at all.Your app should contain no offensive content during “normal” use3rd-Party Android Stores (GetJar, Handango, Carrier, etc.)Yuan recommends that you talk with the business development people at the store if you can as they can often help you implement alternate revenue models or offer you promotional opportunities.The on-deck Verizon VCast store has complex sign up, submission and approval process, Yuan warned.Official Android MarketThe Android Market provides a computerized validation of the binary and then immediate publication of that binary, says Yuan.Unfortunately, unlike BlackBerry’s store, you cannot pick and choose which devices your app is targeting. Instead, device visibility depends on OS version and API extension.Users can try apps before they buy them.Google can remote kill apps or wipe them from devices.The tips here may be useful for developers now considering developing a second or third app for another store, but SXSW sessions are often just too short for there to be much detail. It would have been nice to hear more about real-world examples involving rejections, issues and fixes from Yuan. But SXSW is not really the venue for those sorts of in-depth discussions…except for those that occur in the hallways, that is. Why IoT Apps are Eating Device Interfaces