Ohio State’s Acting Head Coach Just Issued A Lengthy Statement

first_imgOhio State Buckeye fans doing the "O-H-I-O" chant.COLUMBUS, OH – SEPTEMBER 27: Ohio State Buckeyes fans cheer on their team against the Minnesota Golden Gophers on September 27, 2008 at Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio. (Photo by Jamie Sabau/Getty Images)Urban Meyer is still on paid administrative leave while the school looks into how he handled 2015 domestic violence allegations against former wide receivers coach Zach Smith, so for now, the acting head coach is still Ryan Day. Friday, he issued an update on the program.Day took to Twitter with a lengthy two-page note about how practice has gone for the Buckeyes in Meyer’s absence. He provided updates on position groups and thanked the administration for its support the past two weeks.Day did not address the obvious – whether Meyer will be keeping his job. To be honest, he may not know yet. The school should be deciding soon whether it plans to retain Meyer as its head coach.Here’s a snippet of Day’s statement. He addresses the fact that the media has mostly been banned from practices.“Camp ends tomorrow with a scrimmage and classes start on Tuesday. Our daily practice and preparation for the season will continue.The two main driving forces behind our motivation is the “brotherhood” and the standard of excellence that the former Buckeye players and teams have set before us. The “brotherhood” is the love for our teammates, which is an unbreakable bond and the standard of excellence is a responsibility we will take very seriously. We are honored to be Buckeyes and can’t wait to see and hear you in the ‘Shoe on September 1!In closing, I would like to thank members of the Ohio State University Administration and Athletics Department for their guidance and support. I would also like to thank the members of the Ohio State media corps for their patience and understanding.”Here’s the entire statement, if you’d like to read it all.pic.twitter.com/DkoupVMQRN— Ryan Day (@ryandaytime) August 17, 2018Ohio State’s original timeline regarding its decision on Meyer is up this Sunday.last_img read more

Equifax takes down customer service web page after malicious content found

TORONTO — Equifax Inc. is reporting that a third-party vendor the credit rating agency uses to collect performance data on its U.S. Equifax website was serving malicious content.“Since we learned of the issue, the vendor’s code was removed from the webpage and we have taken the webpage offline to conduct further analysis,” an Equifax spokesperson said in an emailed statement Thursday.“Equifax can confirm that its systems were not compromised and that the reported issue did not affect our customer dispute portal.”Earlier Thursday, Equifax Canada said its U.S. parent company was temporarily taking down one of its customer services pages amid reports that hackers had allegedly altered Equifax’s credit report assistance page so that it would send users malicious software disguised as Adobe Flash.“We are aware of the situation identified on the equifax.com website in the credit report assistance link,” Equifax Canada spokesman Tom Carroll said in an emailed statement.“Our IT and security teams are looking into this matter, and out of an abundance of caution have temporarily taken this page offline.”Carroll did not respond to direct questions about any potential breach to Equifax Canada’s website.The news comes as Equifax Inc. continues to deal with the aftermath of a cyber breach earlier this year which allowed the personal information of 145.5 million Americans, and 8,000 Canadians, to be accessed or stolen.Since news of Equifax’s massive data breach broke last month, the company is facing investigations in Canada and the U.S., as well as at least two proposed class actions filed in Canada.The massive data breach has also led to a number of high-profile departures at the Atlanta-based consumer credit reporting agency, including its chief executive, chief information officer and chief security officer.In early October, Equifax revised the number of consumers potentially impacted in the breach — bumping up the total in the U.S. to 145.5 million and reducing the number in Canada from an estimated 100,000 to 8,000.For these Canadian consumers, Equifax says the information that may have been accessed includes name, address, social insurance number and, in “limited cases” credit card numbers.On its website, Equifax’s Canadian division says it has not yet mailed out any notices and made clear it would not be making any unsolicited calls or emails about the issue.In September, Equifax reported that its investigation had shown that hackers had unauthorized access to its files from May 13 to July 30. Equifax Canada said at the time it was working closely with its parent company Equifax Inc. and an unnamed, independent cybersecurity firm conducting the ongoing investigation.The cyberattack occurred through a vulnerability in an open-source application framework it uses called Apache Struts. The United States Computer Readiness team detected and disclosed the vulnerability in March, and Equifax “took efforts to identify and to patch any vulnerable systems in the company’s IT infrastructure.”— With files from The Associated Press. read more