Seniors Ryan Belock and Hal Melia are hoping to bridge the gap between the University’s artistic and academic departments with the creation of a new student-run advisory council, Arts@ND. “There exists a communication and collaboration gap between departments, DPAC (DeBartolo Performing Arts Center), student groups and non-arts majors,” Belock said. “We are now brainstorming ways to fix that together. We’ve adopted a mission to ‘create, celebrate and collaborate.’” Belock said he first imagined Arts@ND during his freshman year, when he realized the programming department at DPAC and the music, art, art history, design, and Film, Television & Theatre (FTT) departments were independently trying to increase attention to arts on campus. Belock said he learned the University’s 2008 Strategic Plan for the Arts envisioned an Arts Advisory Council in support of the University’s “Decade of the Arts.” He found campus leaders, especially students, supported creating an advisory committee to serve academic and extra-curricular arts groups. “I feel students need to be part of those conversations,” Belock said. “I wanted to get peers, professors and professionals on campus working these issues out together, not just in their isolated circles, but finding ways to proactively collaborate and create.” At the start of the school year, Belock said he and Melia worked with student body president Pat McCormick to create a student-driven force for supporting arts on campus. McCormick advocated for enhancing campus arts in his campaign platform. Belock said he and Melia hosted the first meeting of the Arts at Notre Dame Student Advisory Group in November to brainstorm how the organization could work. Small groups of professors, staff members and students developed potential initiatives, Belock said. “The largest takeaway from the first meeting was that we have a lot of creative talent across many majors, not just arts majors, that can solve the most pressing issues for student activities arts groups, ensembles, classes and professional programming on campus,” he said. Belock said the meeting also helped introduce students from across the academic spectrum. “This was the first time some FTT students met art, art history and design students,” he said. “It was also the first time some had been in the Regis Philbin Studio Theater [in DPAC].” Belock said he and Melia hosted the second meeting of Arts@ND, titled “WE ‘ART’ ND,” in February. The meeting used the slogan “create, celebrate and collaborate.” Belock said the group hosted the meeting in Riley Hall of Art and Design to set a standard that arts have several “bases” on campus that need to be fully integrated into thoughts and collaboration. At the meeting, he said Director of Bands Ken Dye presented examples of collaborative work in the arts, including projects by rock bands OK Go and U2. Belock said students recommended opening a café in Riley Hall, improving the “Arts” section of the University website, creating a publication to cover campus arts and instituting a College of Fine Arts. “We are narrowing down and voting on short-term projects to pursue this spring that will make a noticeable impact on the ‘aura of the arts’ at Notre Dame,” he said. Belock said Arts@ND’s primary progress has been the opportunity to encourage conversation between students and faculty. “They all share three things in common. They love Notre Dame, they love the arts, and they want to make them both better here,” he said.
The Batesville freshman were defeated by the visiting Greensburg Pirates Thursday night by a score of 34-23.The Dogs had many good looks at the basket but unfortunately couldn’t seem to get much to fall in the first half. Trailing 14-4 at half The Pirate lead was narrowed to single digits in the second half with great defense and rebounding.Offensively the dogs were lead by Lane Westerfeld and Jayden Beal with 9 and 8. Defensively Tristian Lamppert, Dylan Flannery and Luke Schroeder lead The Bulldogs.The boys are in action again Saturday at Rushville.Courtesy of Bulldogs Coach Michael Lanning.
Spelinspektionen rejects Ninja Casino domain transfer February 12, 2020 Global Gaming granted licence review permit following Swedish appeal January 9, 2020 Related Articles Ninja collapse sees Global Gaming move to redefine business November 21, 2019 Share Submit StumbleUpon Share Stockholm-listed Global Gaming AB has suffered a further setback in reviving its flagship Ninja Casino brand, as it confirms that its ‘injunctive relief appeal’ has been rejected by Sweden’s Supreme Administrative Court.The update sees Global Gaming governance overruled for the third time by Swedish administrative courts, in relation to challenging Swedish gambling regulator Spelinspektionen’s indefinite suspension of Malta subsidiary SafeEnt the operating company of Ninja Casino.Global Gaming’s woes began on 17 June, as Spelinspektionen revoked SafeEnt’s operator licenses, having deemed its subsidiary to have been in serious breach of Swedish gambling’s AML Code and failure to meet customer care-of-duty requirements.Spelinspektionen’s suspension would be immediately challenged by Global Gaming governance, stating that SafeEnt had operated within the remit of Sweden’s new Gaming Law.Nevertheless, a summer of legal battles would see Global Gaming appeals rejected three times by Swedish courts, with its latest rebuff coming from the final court of administrative judgement for Swedish legal cases.In its update, Global Gaming noted that the Supreme Administrative Court rejected the appeal without providing any further explanation, and will turn its full attention to the ongoing judicial review.Tobias Fagerlund, CEO of Global Gaming, explained: “Although we were aware that the chances of being granted injunctive relief were limited, we are, of course, disappointed to see our appeal rejected again. Our focus is now on the judicial review of the Swedish Gambling Authority’s decision that is currently taking place.“We maintain that the decision is fundamentally wrong and disproportionate, and will show it during the process that is currently underway in the Administrative Court.”
Nine more Venezuelan women were on Monday deported when they appeared before Chief Magistrate Ann McLennan.Marlinez Sanchez, 25; Zulibe Grando, 25; Verenez Moreno, 35; Martha Lizboa, 48; Ocerez Navas Gracia, 23; Carlyn Lomas, 25; Creys Martinez, 20; Franics Tovar, 20; and Vanessa Martinez all made their appearance at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.They were all charged for entering Guyana at Eteringbang, Cuyuni River and disembarking without consulting an Immigration Officer.The women bemoaned the harsh life in their homeland of crisis-hit Venezuela and revealed that passports were being issued for some US$500 when they were only being paid some US$10 per month.They were all fined $30,000 with a default sentence of four weeks in prison, and were expected to be deported.